Grief Support and Resources
"There is no grief like the grief that does not speak."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- WPS/National Association of School Psychologists. Death and Grief:
Supporting Children and Youth
- Wilton Youth Council: How to Help a Grieving Teen
- Counseling Resources for Wilton Youth and Families
- Helping Children Cope with Trauma
- Coping with Grief and Trauma After Suicide Links
- Local suicide loss support groups online.
- If a child in your care is experiencing an emotional or behavioral crisis, EMPS Mobile Crisis Intervention Services has mental health professionals who can respond immediately. To access CT Youth Mobile Crisis Services, call 2-1-1.
- Kids in Crisis 24-hour Helpline: 203-661-1911
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273.8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741