Skip To Main Content

Scholarship and Financial Aid Information

Please login to your Naviance Family Connection account to view all active scholarships. The Scholarship listing is located on the "College" tab in your Naviance Family Connection Account .

Scroll the page to "scholarships & money" for: * scholarship match * scholarship list * scholarship applications * national scholarship search

A new Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID, consisting of a user-selected user name and password, will replace the current FSA PIN on all websites for students and borrowers in the spring of 2015.

Sites affected include FAFSA on the Web, NSLDS® Student Access,,, and the TEACH Grant. This change will better protect the security of those using these sites, as they will no longer have to enter information such as names, Social Security numbers, and a birth date to access FSA’s systems. Existing users will be able to link their PIN information to the FSA ID.

For more information, visit

There is a new option related to the FAFSA. Students and parents who have submitted their current year IRS tax returns will be able to select an option that allows their tax information to be automatically transferred to the FAFSA. Most Financial Aid offices recommend that students and parents select this option.

Many colleges and universities offer "nominating" scholarships. Check the binder in Senior College Counseling office. The counselors will review each application and select the student who best fits the requirements for the scholarship;the name of the nominee will then be forwarded to the scholarship organization.

Federal Student Aid - College Preparation Checklist
State of Connecticut - Department of Higher Education - Student Aid @
CT Higher Education Trust (CHET) 529 College Savings Program @

You may want to try, the Internet's largest free scholarship search as well as The Department of Education's Student Aid on the Web
The Post 9/11 GI Bill is the largest investment in veterans' education since World War II, covering the full cost of an undergraduate education at any public university or college in the country and many private schools for our nation's newest generation of veterans. Find benefits calculator, FAQ and the latest news brought to you by IAVA (Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America).

The U.S. Department of Education's office of Student Financial Assistance announced that the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) will be available online beginning January 01 each college school year. You may apply using the FAFSA form on the Web @

The paper FAFSA will not be available at WHS. A worksheet is available in the College Center each year. Students will be able to obtain a paper FAFSA by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or by visiting Students may request up to three copies of the paper application and should receive their FAFSAs in three to seven business days.

A new Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID, consisting of a user-selected user name and password, will replace the current FSA PIN on all websites for students and borrowers in the spring of 2015. For more information, visit

Students will be able to list up to ten schools on the online FAFSA.

If you are a dependent student, encourage your parents to apply for their own PIN. Parents can apply for their own PINs in order to sign their children's FAFSA electronically. Parents who have multiple children applying for federal aid only need one (1) PIN. With your PINs, you and your parent(s) can electronically sign the FAFSA. The PIN simplifies the application process and allows you to get your results faster.

For questions about the PIN Web site or specific questions about the PIN, call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 1-319-337-5665. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to midnight Eastern Time.

If you are hearing-impaired and have questions, contact the TTY line at 1-800-730-8913.

You can also e-mail Customer Service for assistance at or by selecting the "Contact Us" option from the top of any page.

The CSS/PROFILE can be completed in October of a student's senior year. If you are applying early admission to a school that requires a PROFILE, complete the form as soon as possible @

Wilton Student Financial Aid Committee, INC.
Founded in 1959, this non profit group provides assistance to WHS graduates who may not be able to further their education due to financial need. Awards are based solely on need as determined by an outside consultant. Your application is not reviewed by the WSFA committee members. A completed application consists of a copy of parents and students most current tax return (completed), application form and a financial aid transcript. WSFAC requires a financially responsible cosigner. Application Deadline April 15 each year Application and information @

CT Department of Higher Education-Student Financial Aid in Connecticut @

Connecticut Residents Eligible for Tuition Break at Out-of-State New England Public Colleges
If the major you want to study is not offered by any of Connecticut's state colleges or universities, you may be able to attend an out-of-state college at sharply reduced tuition.
The New England Board of Higher Education's Regional Student Program (RSP) provides a substantial break on out-of-state tuition to Connecticut residents enrolled in certain programs offered by state colleges and universities in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont.
The RSP tuition rate reflects a significant break on an institution's out-of-state rate.
All of New England's 78 public two-year and four-year colleges and universities participate in the RSP, offering more than 700 undergraduate and graduate degree programs at reduced out-of-state tuition.
The RSP, established in 1957, not only saves students and their families thousands of dollars in college tuition, but also saves taxpayers millions of dollars by enabling the six New England states to share educational resources and avoid duplication of costly academic programs at public campuses.
NEBHE is a nonprofit, congressionally authorized agency whose mission is to promote greater educational opportunities and services for residents of the six New England states.
A catalog is available online at , or in print from the New England Board of Higher Education, 45 Temple Place, Boston, MA, 02111. Telephone 617-357-9620, E-mail:

ROTC - Armed Services Scholarships

Air Force Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
Army Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
United States Coast Guard Academy
United States Marine Corps
United States Merchant Marine Academy
Navy Reserve Officers Training Corp (ROTC)

The SLM Holding Corporation (Sallie Mae) offers the following "advice lines" for parents and students:

College Answer Service @ 1-800-891-4599. Financial aid counselors answer questions and provide details on grants, loans, scholarships, work-study programs and application procedures.

Parent Answer Service @ 1-800-891-1410. Counselors discuss the federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS); you can determine your eligibility and apply over the telephone.

The Web site Sallie Mae offers information on financial aid as well as online loan applications and interactive calculators to estimate the Expected Family Contribution.

Federal Student Aid (FSA) @

Online Direct Loan Master Promissory Note @ @

Online Loan Consolidation @

National Student Loan Data System @

The FTC maintains an "awareness" Website that promotes familiarity with scholarship providers that recently used scams to lure students and parents. Click here for further information.

Federal Loan Servicers

A loan servicer is a company that handles the billing and other services on your federal student loan. The loan servicer will work with you on repayment plans and loan consolidation and will assist you with other tasks related to your federal student loan. It is important to maintain contact with your loan servicer. If your circumstances change at any time during your repayment period, your loan servicer will be able to help.

  • FedLoan Servicing (PHEAA)
  • Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc.
  • Nelnet
  • Sallie Mae

Not-For-Profit (NFP) Members of the Federal Loan Servicer Team

  • Aspire Resources Inc.
  • CornerStone
  • EDGEucation Loans
  • EdManage
  • ESA/Edfinancial
  • Granite State – GSMR
  • KSA Servicing
  • OSLA
  • VSAC Federal Loans

More information @